Residence permit applicable to migrants who come to Brazil, and who is a family member of a Brazilian or a migrant with a residence permit in Brazil.
I – spouse or partner;
II – child of a Brazilian or migrant who is granted a residence permit;
III – stepson of a Brazilian or a migrant who is granted a residence permit, provided that he/she is under eighteen years of age, or up to the age of twenty-four years, if proven a student, or of any age, if economic dependence is proven;
IV – who has a Brazilian child;
V – who has a migrant child receiving a residence permit;
VI – ascendant up to the second degree of Brazilian or migrant beneficiary of residence permit;
VII – descendant to the second degree of Brazilian or migrant beneficiary of residence permit;
VIII – brother of a Brazilian or migrant who is granted a residence permit, provided that he or she is under eighteen years of age, or up to twenty-four years of age, if proven to be a student, or of any age, if economic dependence is proven; ou
IX – who has Brazilian under his tutelage or guard.
- Valid travel document or official identity document;
- Birth certificate or marriage or consular certificate;
- Birth certificate or marriage to prove the relationship between the applicant and the Brazilian or migrant beneficiary of a residence permit, or a skilled document proving the bond;
- Identity document of the Brazilian or migrant beneficiary of a residence permit, with which the applicant wishes to meet;
- Declaration, under the penalties of the law, that the family member resides in Brazil;
- Documents proving economic dependence, where appropriate;
- The proof of the stable union may be given by the presentation of:
- Stable union certificate issued by the competent authority of the country of origin; Or
- Proof of stable union issued by competent judgment in Brazil or corresponding authority abroad.
- The application for a temporary visa and authorization to stay for family reunion purposes may occur concomitantly with the application for the temporary visa of the calling family member.
- Where the application is on the basis of a meeting with a migrant who has been granted residence for a specified period of time, the expiry date of the residence permit of the so-called family member shall coincide with the expiry date of the residence permit of the receiving family member.
- The beneficiary of the residence permit for family reunion purposes may carry out any activity in the country, including remunerated, on an equal footing with the Brazilian national, in accordance with the legislation in force.
Validity and Renewal
The temporary family reunion visa will have a maximum validity period of one year.
For cases of family reunion for brazilian family members, the initial residence period will be 9 years.
And for family reunion with migrant benefited from residence, the expiration date of the authorization will coincide with the date of the striking family member.
Request a quote.